Friday 13 September 2013

Fantastic Friday 13th

Fantastic Friday 13th
 
                 We have had the most wonderful day, it started off with a terrific daybreak, the Sky's around us are so bright and vast and the first light of day was breaking on our mountain Peñagolosa which stands a full 1813mts or 5948 ft (in real money) above sea level.
 
So up and about saw me preparing for a morning in my studio, beaverly getting ready to fire my new kiln, loaded with 25 various pots/bowls of green ware and trying for the first time to magically change them into bisque.
 
Anyhow back to that lot later !!!
 
       As I returned to the casa for my elevenses I was aware that Maggie was working on our quilt which last saw the light of day back in 2010/11 and not the boys that she had started earlier that morning, It turned out that she did not have the correct foot for her sewing machine so it looks like ours might be finished for the cold season. yippee,  Anyhow here are a few pics of  her sample quilt that I may be underneath SOOOON .
 
 

 

 
I marval at the intricancy of each piece and the patience that Magsamillion has and what goes into making just one square let alone putting the whole quilt together.
 
 
1st fire of my kiln, here is a short video, sorry about the shake of hand as it was taken on my iphone.
 
 
As soon as I get the results I shall share !
 


2 comments:

  1. That quilt is superb! and as you, a potter now, it's not just the technique, the attention to setail, it's the eye for colour and shape that makes an artist.

    Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are more quilts ongoing !!! just worked out that I can reply ha, yes attention to detail that's the hard bit !

    ReplyDelete