Sunday 18 May 2014

New gas kiln

It seems ages since my last chatter !!!


Well we have been so so busy, our annual visit back to the UK visiting family and friends, we took to the high sea in early April and returned at the end having what I can only describe as a whirlwind tour ha.
So since our return I have been busy putting the finishing touches to the two gas kilns that I started months ago !


Firstly Catherine's kiln is well on the way to a first kiln firing and mine well is imminent   !!!  ha


This is my new gas kiln




Kiln floor and chimney build 







Here I am applying a white ceramic cement which will protect the fibre during firing and prolong the life of the kiln ! 





First few coats applied also the ceramic tile floor is in.






I have been kindly loaned the kiln shelves and have glazed a few pots for the first firing !!! It's know where near to how I want it, so dont take to much notice( its a first firing) !!! but hey gotta start somewhere ha



I need to get a decent pyrometer etc and various kiln furniture before I will be a happy boy.


😎


Till the next time.


Adrian

1 comment:

  1. That all looks very professional to me....looking forward to seeing it all 'in the flesh'.

    ReplyDelete